“Lets build a better future together"
GENIUS Olympiad is an international high school project competition about environmental issues. It is founded and organized by the Terra Science and Education and hosted by the State University of New York at Oswego. GENIUS Olympiad 2015 will host projects in five general disciplines with an environmental focus.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful a lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
GENIUS Olympiad 2015 DATES (click for Schedule)
- GENIUS 2015 applications will open on Monday February 2, 2015. Applications must be submitted through our application website, which will be made available on the first date of applications.
- GENIUS 2015 application deadline is Monday March 16, 2015. GENIUS Affiliated Regional and State Fair winners (GENIUS certificate holders) may apply until April 4, 2015.
- GENIUS 2015 Finalists will be announced on April 6, 2015.
- The application site works best on the Google Chrome browser.
- All projects (including GENIUS Certificate winners at regional fairs) MUST submit an application before their deadline.
WHAT IS NEW IN GENIUS Olympiad 2015?
- GENIUS Olympiad 2015 will be held June 14 - 19, 2015
- New category: GENIUS Business (subcategories: entrepreneurship and social responsibility)
- Music and Arts have been combined into Visual and Performing Arts
- Music subcategories are revised to increase participation
- SUNY Oswego will accept college applications and will perform on-site interviews with finalists who are in 11th and 12th grades through our website
- GENIUS Talks, year long engagement with the world, prepare a 8-12 min video and share with to be shared with world: Check the details here.
- A three-day Ivy League College Tour is now available after the GENIUS DC-NYC Trip: Check the details here
- Apply now for the Summer English program (open to non-Genius students): Check the details here
- GENIUS Olympiad is looking for partners to replicate itself in each country or state with its name (GENIUS Olympiad - Country/State Name) and structure. Please ask for the partnership agreement.
- Each student may present only one project at the GENIUS Olympiad, however they may submit multiple projects for application
- Fair Agreements: Each Fair can provide only two projects with minimal screening. For all other special agreements, please check your agreement with us again.