GENIUS Olympiad promotes a global understanding of environmental issues and the achievement of sustainability through basic science, arts, creative writing, engineering, design, and business development. GENIUS Olympiad provides challenges and opportunities for secondary school students, to instill in them the skills and knowledge needed to be the citizens, leaders, scientists, artists, writers, engineers, and policy makers of the future—agents who will promote and contribute to greater environmental sustainability throughout their lives. GENIUS is also an abbreviation of Global Environmental Issues and us.
GENIUS Olympiad focuses on all aspects of global environmental issues with the following goals:
- To enable high school students around the world to cope with environmental problems, and to elicit their abilities to produce solutions.
- To inspire high school students to contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment.
- To equip young generations with environmental consciousness.
- To provide a forum for youth from around the world to come together and share ideas.
- To inform the public about global environmental problems.
A GENIUS has:
- affection for all humanity
- wisdom in all circumstances
- a deep sense of responsibility for society and the world
- dedication to deeply held values, acting accordingly with passion