Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates.
Thank you for applying to GENIUS Olympiad 2018. GENIUS Olympiad will host around 1200 students and supervisors this year, which is a 15% increase compared to last year. We plan to include new events and programs to make it a memorable event.
Our finalist list posted below is the most accurate list, rather than the project status within the application system. Those who appear on the list but do not have Finalist status within the application system should contact us as soon as possible. If your name is on the finalist list, please follow the What is next section on this page.
Make sure to read the following information carefully, before moving to the next step. We should note that our finalist guide has been updated today to reflect recent changes in rules and guidelines.
2017 selection process:
We would like to address how we selected 597 projects out of 1,409 applicant projects. Each project was sent to three judges to grade the projects on a scale of 1 to 3 (3 = yes, 2 = maybe, 1 = no). We summed the scores of all three judges and accepted all projects with 7 or more total points. We also accepted projects submitted directly by affiliated fairs that were authorized in advance to make a selection out of many projects in their regions/countries. In the end, we selected around 42% of the submitted projects.
Please note that it is our policy not to send individual responses to those who are not selected. We are sorry about this, but our finalists will need a great deal of visa support at this time, and we do not have the staff support to be able to provide feedback on individual projects and their results. Our space and resources are limited and we have to make some cuts on projects.
Some 2017 Facts: See Past events under About us
What is next?
ALL FINALISTS MUST LOGIN TO THE APPLICATION SYSTEM TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Fill out all participant information (enter each participant’s personal information). Participant refers to the individuals who will come to present IN ADDITION TO supervisors (parent, teacher, or relative). Supervisor information can be different from what was submitted during the application process.
- For each individual who is listed as a participant (again, this includes supervisors), you must pay a registration fee of $125 in order to complete your registration. We must receive your payment before May 1st, 2018 in order to reserve a room for you.
- International applicants: Make sure to enter all information for each participant and make the payment for your entire group before requesting a visa letter. Visa letters are sent to the whole group, and you will apply for visas as a group. You will request B1 visas.
- Fill out the travel information when you have purchased your tickets. The deadline for this information is June 8th, 2018.
- NEW!! If you choose to attend one of the Boston/NYC/DC trips, we have a new service: One-way bus services from JFK airport (NY) to Oswego for $75. The busses will leave JFK between noon and 7pm on June 11th, at a designated terminal. You must be registered and paid for this pick up service since seats are limited. This service is only for those who will attend the GENIUS trips with us, since we will drop them at JFK at the end of the trips.