Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest updates.
Thank you for applying to GENIUS Olympiad 2019. GENIUS Olympiad will host around 1400 students and supervisors this year. We plan to include new events and programs to make it a memorable event.
Our finalist list posted below is the most accurate list, rather than the project status within the application system. Those who appear on the list but do not have Finalist status within the application system should contact us as soon as possible. If your name is on the finalist list, please follow the What is next section on this page.
Make sure to read the following information carefully, before moving to the next step. We should note that our finalist guide has been updated today to reflect recent changes in rules and guidelines.
We would like to address how we selected 789 projects out of 1469 applicant projects. We accepted projects submitted directly by affiliated fairs that were authorized in advance to make a selection out of many projects in their regions/countries. In the end, we selected around 53% of the submitted projects as a finalist. We should note that the quality of the projects submitted has been increased significantly compared to previous years and we are very proud of all applicants for their work and effort.
Please note that it is our policy not to send individual responses to those who are not selected. We are sorry about this, but our finalists will need a great deal of visa support at this time, and we do not have the staff support to be able to provide feedback on individual projects and their results. Our space and resources are limited and we have to make some cuts on projects.
- 1,657 projects were submitted, 789 projects were accepted (53% acceptance rate)
- The number of projects submitted from the United States was 403 (27% of submitted projects)
- The country where the most number of projects were submitted: Kyrgyzstan with 117 projects (Tajikistan 56 projects, South Korea 53 projects, Jordan 52 projects, Indonesia 51 projects)
- The high school which submitted the most projects are Jubilee Schools, Jordan (45 projects), Yahya Kemal Schools, Macedonia (40 Projects), Yorktown High School, US (31 projects) Bishkek Aichurol School, Kyrgyzstan (51 projects).
- The number of countries where the projects were submitted: 76
- The number of US States where the projects were submitted: 39
- The number of accepted Science projects: 420 out of 842 submissions (50% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Art projects: 136 out of 247 submissions (54% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Short Film projects: 36 out of 77 submissions (49% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Creative Writing projects: 68 out of 123 submissions (54% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Robotics projects: 42 out of 69 submissions (60% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Music projects: 27 out of 42 submissions (64% acceptance rate)
- The number of accepted Business projects: 30 out of 63 submissions (48% acceptance rate)
WHAT IS NEXT? PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS!
ALL FINALISTS MUST LOGIN TO THE APPLICATION SYSTEM TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Fill out all participant information (enter each participant’s personal information). Participant refers to the individuals who will come to present IN ADDITION TO supervisors (parent, teacher, or relative). Supervisor information can be different from what was submitted during the application process.
- For each individual who is listed as a participant (again, this includes supervisors), you must pay a registration fee of $160 in order to complete your registration. We must receive your payment before May 1st, 2019 in order to reserve a room for you.
- International applicants: Make sure to enter all information for each participant and make the payment for your entire group/projects before requesting a visa letter. Visa letters are sent to the whole group, and you will apply for visas as a group. You will request B1 visas. You MUST make the registration payment in order to receive a visa letter.
- Fill out the travel information when you have purchased your tickets. The deadline for this information is June 8th, 2019.
- If you choose to attend one of the Boston/NYC/DC trips, we have a bus service from JFK Airport: One-way bus services from JFK airport (NY) to Oswego for $75. The busses will leave JFK between noon and 7pm on June 17th, at a designated terminal. You must be registered and paid for this pickup service since seats are limited. This service is only for those who will attend the GENIUS trips with us, since we will drop them at JFK at the end of the trips.