GENIUS Offers Three Optional Trips After the Olympiad: 1- Washington DC & New York City (3 nights), 2- Washington DC & New York City (4 nights), 3- Washington DC & New York City & Boston (6 nights). You may also request a specific trip if you have a large group (25 or more).
There will be also JFK airport (NYC) pick-up bus service for only for those who attend trips. For only trips ending in NYC, the participants will be dropped in JFK airport. JFK airport pick-up service will be $75 per participant only on Monday, June 17, 2019.
GENIUS offers the following trips on a first-come, first-served based on complete payment and registration:
- Washington DC & New York City Trip (3 nights & 2 days): $595, June 21 - 24, 2019 (starts at Oswego and ends at New York JFK or Syracuse Hancock airport). Participants will be dropped at JFK by 10 am on Monday, June 24.
- Washington DC & New York City Trip (4 nights & 3 days): $745, June 21 - 25, 2019 (starts at Oswego and ends at New York JFK or Syracuse Hancock airport). Participants will be dropped at JFK by 10 am on Tuesday, June 25.
- Washington DC & New York City & Ivy University Tour (Boston) (6 nights & 4 days): $1050, June 21 - 27, 2018 (starts from Oswego and ends at Boston Logan Airport or Syracuse Hancock airport). You will visit Harvard, MIT, Yale, Brown, Columbia, and Princeton University during this trip. Participants will be dropped at Boston Airport by 10 am on Thursday, June 27.
Participants who would like to attend must pay the fee by May 15 in order to be eligible. Payments will be collected online only within the application process.
You must cancel your registration four weeks in advance to receive a full refund. All others will NOT be refunded due to advance payments to hotels and bus companies to reserve space.
Teachers/supervisors will receive 10% discount for every non-supervisor participant (students and guests).
Each bus will have at least one GENIUS Olympiad staff member who will lead the group, however in general, it is a self-driven trip at the city. We will provide a guide to prepare you for the trip.
You will spend one full day in each city to learn and discover. Washington DC offers several free museums, which are the best and the biggest in the world: be ready to walk in both cities. You may catch a Broadway show and some shopping in New York City.
The trip fee per participant is $595, which covers transportation, hotels, and breakfast. Only the first 100 paid participants will be accepted.
Participants will stay one night in a hotel nearby Washington D.C., and two nights at a hotel nearby New York City. Breakfast will be offered at the hotel.
Participants will be dropped off at JFK airport on Monday, by 10 AM, or will be brought back to Syracuse by 4 pm. We will not provide any transportation for those who have earlier flights than the stated time. If your flight is earlier than 10 am from JFK, you must take a cab at your own expense from the hotel.
Washington D.C. offers (You will be dropped close to NASA museum at 9 am and will be picked around 7 pm)
- The free National Smithsonian museums (NASA Air and Space Museum, American History Museum, American Art Museum, Natural History Museum)
- Monuments on the National Mall
- The White House
- The Capitol
New York City offers (You will be dropped at City around 9.30 am and will be picked around 10.30 pm)
- Empire State Building
- Broadway Shows
- Central Park
- Times Square
For extended DC/NYC trip (4 nights), participants will stay an additional day in NY City for shopping and site seeing. They will be dropped and picked up at the same time and location. These participants will be dropped at JFK by 10 am on Tuesday morning.
Washington DC & NY City & Ivy League University Tour (Boston)
This trip follows the 3 nights/2 nights Washington DC & New York City trip. On Monday, participants will start the Ivy College tour by visiting Columbia University in the City folloed by Princeton University. Next day, they will visit Yale and Brown Universities. Their last day will include Harvard and MIT universities and some shopping time at Harvard square. The complete list of universities which will be visited is given below. You will spend 2-3 hrs at each university campus to learn and discover their environment and admission process. Most of the college campus tours will be guided by university admission officials or college alumni.
The trip fee per participant is $1050, which covers transportation, hotels, breakfast, and guided university tours. Only the first 50 paid participants will be accepted. Participants will be dropped off at Boston Logan airport on Thursday, by 10 AM or will be brought back to Syracuse Hancock airport by 4 pm. We will not provide any transportation for those who have earlier flights than the stated time.
Ivy League University Tour:
- Friday arrive at DC
- Saturday visit DC and drive to NY hotel
- Sunday visit NYC
- Monday visit Columbia and Princeton Universities
- Tuesday visit Yale and Brown Universities
- Wednesday visit MIT and Harvard Universities
- Thursday morning by 10 am drop at Boston Logan airport or back to Syracuse
Customize your own trip!
Did you enjoy your trip following Genius? Did you miss out on taking a trip? Now we offer customized trips to new areas of the United States.
On your trip you can visit:
- Top universities
- Downtown tours of well known cities
- Historic landmarks and museums
- The largest shopping malls in the United States
- Exciting attractions like Universal Studios, aquariums, NASA Space Station
Check out our sample trips to Texas or Florida: