GENIUS Offers Two Optional Trips After The Olympiad: DC/NYC Trip and Ivy League University Tour
Terra Science and Education is offering the following tours on a first-come, first-served base based on complete payment and registration:
- Only Washington D.C. and N.Y City Trip: $575, June 16 - 19, 2017 (starts at Oswego and ends at New York JFK or Syracuse Hancock airport)
- Only Ivy League University Tour: $575, June 19 - 22, 2017 (starts at NY City and ends at Boston Logan or Syracuse Hancock airport)
- Both Trips Combined: $1,000 June 16 - 22, 2017 (starts from Oswego and ends at Boston Logan or Syracuse Hancock airport)
Participants who would like to attend must pay the fee at least 4 weeks before the trip date in order to be eligible. Payments will be collected online only within the application process.
You must cancel your registration four weeks in advance to receive a full refund. All others will NOT be refunded due to advance payments to hotels and bus companies to reserve space.
We will organize a trip to Washington D.C. and New York City from Thursday, June 16 to Sunday, June 19, 2017. You will spend one full day in each city to learn and discover.
The trip fee per participant is $575, which covers transportation, hotels, and breakfast. Only the first 150 paid participants will be accepted.
Participants will stay one night in a hotel near by Washington D.C., and two nights at a hotel near by New York City.
Participants will be dropped off at JFK airport on Monday, June 19 by 10 AM, or will be brought back to Syracuse by 4 pm, or will continue on the Ivy League Tour. We will not provide any transportation for those who have earlier flights than the stated time. If your flight is earlier than 10 am from JFK, you must take a cab at your own expense from the hotel.
Washington D.C. offers:
- The free National Smithsonian museums (NASA Air and Space Museum, American History Museum, American Art Museum, Natural History Museum)
- Monuments on the National Mall
- The White House
- The Capitol
New York City offers:
- Empire State Building
- Central Park
- Times Square
Ivy League University Tour
We will organize a trip to the universities listed below from Monday, June 19 to Thursday, June 22, 2017. You will spend 2-3 hrs at each university campus to learn and discover their environment and admission process. Most of the college campus tours will be guided by university admission officials or college alumni.
The trip fee per participant is $575 ($450 if you also take DC/NYC trip), which covers transportation, hotels, and breakfast. Only the first 50 paid participants will be accepted. Those who will participate in this trip and not the DC/NYC trip must find your own way to join the group in NY City, either at the hotel GENIUS participants are staying. Participants will be dropped off at Boston Logan Airport on Thursday, June 22 by 11 AM or will be brought back to Syracuse Hancock airport by 4 pm. We will not provide any transportation for those who have earlier flights than the stated time. If your flight is earlier than 11 am from Boston Logan Airport, you must take a cab at your own expense from the hotel.
Ivy League University Tour:
- Columbia University, NY City (Monday, June 19)
- Princeton University, New Jersey (Monday, June 19) - staying in New Jersey
- Yale University, Connecticut (Tuesday, June 20)
- Brown University, Rhode Island (Tuesday, June 20) - staying in Rhode Island
- Harvard University, Boston (Wednesday, June 21)
MIT University, Boston (Wednesday, June 21) - staying in Boston
- Leaving (Thursday, June 22)