“Lets build a better future together"
GENIUS Olympiad is an international high school project competition about environmental issues. It is founded and organized by the Terra Science and Education and hosted by the State University of New York at Oswego. GENIUS Olympiad will host projects in five general disciplines with an environmental focus.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful a lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
GENIUS Olympiad 2017 UPDATES
- FINALISTS ARE ANNOUNCED for those who applied by now. US regional fair winners and international affiliated fair winners may continue to apply using the link below. MAKE SURE TO READ THE FINALIST GUIDE.
- NEW!! If you plan to attend DC/NYC trip, there will be a one way bus service from JFK to Oswego for ONLY those who attend the trip. The details are within FINALIST GUIDE>
- APPLICATION DEADLINE on March 10th, 2017 for individual applications. International affiliated fair winners (Genius certificate holders) may submit by April 1st. US/Canada Regional Fair Winners (Genius certificate holders) may submit by May 1st.
- If you are fair and would like to be affiliated, please send us an email.
How to submit the project application?
WHAT IS NEW IN GENIUS Olympiad 2017?
- GENIUS ROBOTICS is our new category for 2017. Details are posted under ROBOTICS section
- New York State Regents will be offered at Oswego High School or Fulton High School. New York applicants must let the principals of these high schools know as soon as possible for taking Regents in Oswego. This must be communicated before the deadline of test orders by high schools.
- SUNY Oswego will accept college applications and will perform on-site interviews with finalists who are in 11th and 12th grades through our website
- A three-day Ivy League College Tour is now available after the GENIUS DC-NYC Trip: Check the details here
- Apply now for the 4-week Summer SAT (open to non-Genius students): Check the details here
- Apply now for the 3-week Digital Art Summer program (open to non-Genius students): Check the details here
- Each student may present only one project at the GENIUS Olympiad, however they may submit multiple projects for application
- Fair Agreements: Each Fair can provide only two projects with minimal screening. For all other special agreements, please check your agreement with us again.